Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

My blog has sat empty for over a week now. I haven't felt motivated to chat on about whatever when there are so many more important things going on. I haven't done much stitching either. I have helped get food and water supplies together for World Care and many bags of clothing, toys, and needlework kits for the evacuees coming to live in the Tucson Convention Center. It's not much but I am glad I am blessed enough to be able to do these things. There are so many good things being done by so many people it surely must be overwhelming some of the bad.

If you are a stitcher who would like to help----

Silkweaver in MS is taking donations for their local shelter. They have updates and photos on their website:

http://www.silkweaver.com

Vikki at Hand-Dyed fibers is carrying lovely sampler charts that require only a donation to receive them. I believe she is offering the packs of her lovely threads separately for those of you who would like to kit:

http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]