Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Adventures with Ketchup or This will be funny next week

Signs you should have stayed in bed:

-You step out of bed and step onto a packet of ketchup, which promptly pops under your pixie-like weight (snort), and sprays your legs, the bed, the walls, the dog, and your nightshirt. You pause to wonder how that much ketchup could possibly be in a bitty little packet. You stagger gracefully into the bathroom to shower, dragging the dog along with you. You accuse said dog of dragging the packet into the bedroom to begin with. The accused simply smiles a doggy smile.

-You are ready for the day and sit on the couch--in dog vomit. You utter a few choice words, the dog smiles, and you stomp off to change.

-When complaining about the ketchup (there is nothing like a bit of squishy squishy between your toes to truly wake a person), your daughter corrects you--it was TACO sauce, Mooooooooommm. Oh...of course...that makes this normal and acceptable...silly me. Remind me to leave some taco sauce in her room tonight by her bed...the hot kind! Taco Bell 4th meal, here I come!



There's nothing worse than being sick enough to watch TV but too sick to stitch, it's quite torturous. On the bright side, it gave me plenty of thinking time for designing. I'm excited about all the new ideas I have and some new releases I finally have planned.

Above and below are my meager progress on my WIPS, the few lucid moments I had I stitched and frogged. I have to say I love silks, the stitches look so nice on the fabric! I only have one row to go on the SB Tiny Flag, so close! I am still fighting the LHN threads, they are determined to look gosh-awful no matter what methods I use. Speaking of gosh awful, I don't know why my camera won't photo needlework without being blurry, I will have to practice so that I can stop tormenting us all.



In an effort to shame myself into cleaning, here is a long awaited example of the disarray my office is in. I do keep my designer materials nice and tidy, it's just my personal stash that is out of control. Feel free to click for a close-up of chaos.



Lastly, my son graduated from the Teen Police Academy over the weekend. We have been after him about his hair for months but thought it was one of those battles not worth fighting. I did plan on having him cut it before school starts but he got it done himself.

Before photo from the skate park last month with the shaggy 70s hair:



After photo with him and an instructor at his Teen Police academy graduation (practicing his Tough Teen stare):



Totally different kid, right? No one recognizes him now, even his great grand-mother was confused.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]